Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project Musing

I never really plan a project from start to finish. Well, I should say that I never stick to the same plan from start to finish. I often do one step, then find myself staring into a room looking for new possibilities. Does anyone else do this or is it just me?

There were two things I noticed when I started to get to work on this project:
  1. Our bedroom wall had cracks everywhere. I'm fairly certain that I'm dealing with the original 1920's plaster in the entire room. I think the room must have been wallpapered for much of the home's life. In the places that are really cracked (read: pieces falling off the wall), there are only two coats of paint. The first coat is -you guessed it- the same off-white wonder that coats the rest of the house. I have the remainder of this jug in the basement. The topcoat is the green we painted our room when we first moved in.
  2. I really don't like the green paint anymore. Combined with the brown curtains, it gives off a bit of a cave feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment