Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Guidebook of Sorts

Let’s get one thing straight: I know nothing about home repair. I never took woodshop and the most useful tool in my day job is Microsoft Excel. However, I grew up in a house of avid DIY renovators. While I honestly don’t remember the steps and techniques of what my parents did to the house I grew up in (1 mile away), I know that home renovation can’t be that hard. Right?

My mother-in-law has given me a subscription to “This Old House” magazine. I always liked the show, but never knew about their website or the magazine. (I guess here I’ll throw in the pitch to support your public media – WBUR and WGBH). With this resource as my guide, I’m going to do my best to restore our little bungalow to its former glory.

The "This Old House" website is: http://www.thisoldhouse.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment