Behr's new sample size was perfect to cover the entire cabinet and was cheaper than buying a small can of paint. The purple paint will get covered with a few layers of clear coat.
Working on the cabinet.
After putting up the backsplash, I put in some bracing to make sure the cabinet went in level.
And voila: perfectly level. We didn't get a good picture of the installation because it took two of us to hold the cabinet in place and use the drill.
The base cabinet was a lot easier. To maximize space I installed an Ikea shelf system. I had to trim it down from 4 to 3 bins, but it otherwise fit great.
It's starting to look like something!